Kanye West Asks World: “Is The Word BITCH Acceptable?”
2:24 pm, September 2nd, 2012
Kanye West asked his Twitter followers a loaded question on Sunday.
He wrote, “I usually never tweet questions but I struggle with this so here goes… Is the word BITCH acceptable?”
West continued, “To be more specific, is it acceptable for a man to call a woman a bitch even if it’s endearing?”
“Even tying it in question form it’s (sic) still feels harsh,” added the hip-hop superstar, who recently penned his song “Perfect Bitch” about girlfriend Kim Kardashian, intending the word as a compliment.
West then wondered aloud about how the term compares to another, far more dangerous word that’s ubiquitous in rap.
He asked, “Has hip hop conditioned us to accept this word? Do we love this word as much as we love the word NI*** in an endearing way?”
“Here’s the age old question, would we refer to our mothers as bitches? [Would] we call our fathers ni***** or better yet N***AS?” continued West.
West asked his Twitter followers whether, if the N-word is “such a positive word, why do we feel so uncomfortable for white people to say it, even with a hall pass?”
Then, getting back to the question at hand, he pondered, “Is it ok to use bitch as long as we put BAD in front of it? Like you a BAD BITCH.”
So why is this all coming up now?
West explained, “I was recently questioned about the use of the word BITCH in my music and initially was offended by anyone questioning anything in my music… I will admit that I sometimes go back [and] omit cursing from my records. I like to use profanity as a tool and not a crutch.”
He then wrote, “I’m not tweeting to say what we need and what we don’t… I just wanted to think out loud with you guys today… #THEWORDBITCH.”
There you have it.
How do you feel about West’s question and the use of that word?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?