Kanye West Birthday: Gossip Cop Blows Out 5 Wrong Rumors In Rapper’s Honor
Kanye West turns 39 on Wednesday, and to celebrate his birthday, Gossip Cop takes a look back at five wrong rumors about the rapper we exclusively “blew out” over the last year.
1. Just days after his birthday last year, Gossip Cop exclusively busted a report from MediaTakeOut that claimed West was “stalking” ex-girlfriend Amber Rose. The report went on to falsely allege that the musician still had feelings for his ex and wanted her back. A source close to West assured us the claims had “less than zero truth” to them.
2. The same month, West was at the center of a sweet, but entirely made-up HollywoodLife story that alleged he serenaded Caitlyn Jenner with a rendition of Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely” on Father’s Day. While touching, it was a complete lie, and Gossip Cop was exclusively told no such serenade ever took place.
3. In September, West and Kim Kardashian were the subject of yet another split story, this time from In Touch, which falsely reported they broke up after the reality star supposedly found text messages on his phone from a unidentified woman. Naturally, this was not the case, and a rep for Kardashian had Gossip Cop squash the entirely wrong report.
4. When it’s not about West’s marriage, the false claims are often about his family life. In December, we busted a RadarOnline tale that alleged West and Kardashian were “at war” and “at each other’s throat[s]” about whether to have a third child. The report came just a day after the couple welcomed their son Saint West. At the time, an insider assured Gossip Cop the webloid’s story was “false.”
5. The most absurd and hilarious report about West came in February, courtesy of the National Enquirer, which reported the rapper was using “killer eagles” to take out drones flying over his house. The tabloid ridiculously claimed West was speaking with Dutch police about leasing or buying the birds of prey. His rep exclusively told Gossip Cop the story was completely fabricated.
Gossip Cop would like to wish West a rumor-free 39th birthday. When the rapper is plagued by tabloid speculation and false reports in the coming year, we’ll be here to bust the bad dish.