Justin Timberlake to Host Oscars?
6:33 pm, March 21st, 2013
Is Justin Timberlake going to host the Oscars?
The National Enquirer claims to have a scoop about the actor-singer currently leading the pack for the Academy Awards hosting gig next year.
“The Oscar honchos are in discussions with Mr. SexyBack already,” a so-called “inside source” tells the magazine.
According to the Enquirer insider, “Getting Justin to host would now be a huge coup for the Oscars. He’d been considered before, but they always thought he was too young and not seasoned enough.”
“Now, he’s the frontrunner for the job — after showing he knows how to sing, dance, host, and improvise on the spot,” explains the tabloid tattler, apparently in reference to Timberlake’s recent hosting of “Saturday Night Live.”
(Of course, Timberlake had already hosted “SNL” four times before this season, but why should the Enquirer let that detail get in the way of a good rumor?)
So is the performer really the current “frontrunner” for the 2014 Oscars?
A source close to Timberlake tells Gossip Cop the speculation is “premature and ridiculous,” especially because they haven’t even announced the producers of next year’s ceremony yet.
In other words: While the multi-talented Timberlake’s name could certainly come up in future conversations about the Oscars — there’s nothing real behind the current buzz.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress