Justin Timberlake to Host Oscars?
6:33 pm, March 21st, 2013
Is Justin Timberlake going to host the Oscars?
The National Enquirer claims to have a scoop about the actor-singer currently leading the pack for the Academy Awards hosting gig next year.
“The Oscar honchos are in discussions with Mr. SexyBack already,” a so-called “inside source” tells the magazine.
According to the Enquirer insider, “Getting Justin to host would now be a huge coup for the Oscars. He’d been considered before, but they always thought he was too young and not seasoned enough.”
“Now, he’s the frontrunner for the job — after showing he knows how to sing, dance, host, and improvise on the spot,” explains the tabloid tattler, apparently in reference to Timberlake’s recent hosting of “Saturday Night Live.”
(Of course, Timberlake had already hosted “SNL” four times before this season, but why should the Enquirer let that detail get in the way of a good rumor?)
So is the performer really the current “frontrunner” for the 2014 Oscars?
A source close to Timberlake tells Gossip Cop the speculation is “premature and ridiculous,” especially because they haven’t even announced the producers of next year’s ceremony yet.
In other words: While the multi-talented Timberlake’s name could certainly come up in future conversations about the Oscars — there’s nothing real behind the current buzz.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet