Justin Timberlake to Reportedly Become Memphis Grizzlies Minority Owner
11:38 am, September 7th, 2012
Justin Timberlake may soon add “NBA Team Owner” to list of his credentials.
The singer, actor, restauranteur, and clothing designer is reportedly set to become a minority owner of the Memphis Grizzlies.
Timberlake, who is from Memphis, was approached by Robert Pera, the team’s prospective new owner, to come on board, reports ESPN.com.
The pair have reportedly become fast friends in recent months, bonding over their love of basketball and technology.
A source tells ESPN that Timberlake intends to make “a meaningful investment,” and “plans to be active” with the Grizzlies.
Timberlake wouldn’t be the first Hollywood star to co-own an NBA team — Will Smith has a stake in the Philadelphia 76ers, and Jay-Z has a piece of the Brooklyn Nets.
What do you think of Timberlake’s potential new venture?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?