Justin Timberlake to Reportedly Become Memphis Grizzlies Minority Owner
11:38 am, September 7th, 2012
Justin Timberlake may soon add “NBA Team Owner” to list of his credentials.
The singer, actor, restauranteur, and clothing designer is reportedly set to become a minority owner of the Memphis Grizzlies.
Timberlake, who is from Memphis, was approached by Robert Pera, the team’s prospective new owner, to come on board, reports ESPN.com.
The pair have reportedly become fast friends in recent months, bonding over their love of basketball and technology.
A source tells ESPN that Timberlake intends to make “a meaningful investment,” and “plans to be active” with the Grizzlies.
Timberlake wouldn’t be the first Hollywood star to co-own an NBA team — Will Smith has a stake in the Philadelphia 76ers, and Jay-Z has a piece of the Brooklyn Nets.
What do you think of Timberlake’s potential new venture?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents