Justin Timberlake Opens Up About Britney Spears in Vanity Fair
9:06 am, June 1st, 2011
“I wish her the best – that goes without saying,” says Timberlake. “We haven’t spoken in 9 or 10 years.”
He explains that his relationship with Spears was based on their unique circumstances, but probably doomed from the start.
“We were two birds of the same feather – small-town kids, doing the same thing. But then you become adults, and the way you were as kids doesn’t make any sense.”
“I won’t speak on her, but at least for me, I was a totally different person,” explains Timberlake. “I just don’t think we were normal; there was nothing normal about our existence. We spent way too much time being the biggest thing for teenyboppers.”
“She is the single-handedly most significant person in my life,” Timberlake says of the actress. “In my 30 years, she is the most special person, O.K.? … I don’t want to say much more, because I have to protect things that are dear to me—for instance, her.”
The singer-actor also has an answer for why famous people wind up dating each other.
“Why do you think we wind up dating each other, and feeling more comfortable around each other? We understand what it’s like. ‘Oh, thank God – finally, somebody who knows how I feel.’ It’s refuge.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained