Justin Bieber Tweet Twisted By Shameless Site To Create Selena Gomez Hook
5:54 pm, December 29th, 2012
HollywoodLife is at it AGAIN.
The alleged “news” webloid is printing speculation about Justin Bieber as though it’s fact, twisting his words, misleading readers, and embarrassing itself in the process.
On Saturday, the site ran a story titled, “Justin Bieber Promises Selena Gomez: I Won’t Let You Down.”
The article begins, “Justin is doing damage control after hurting Selena multiple times in 2012. He’s promising her that he won’t let her down in 2013 — or anytime thereafter.”
The headline and the story that follows are 100 percent speculative nonsense, and HollywoodLife knows it.
Here’s what actually happened.
Bieber tweeted, “Won’t let u down” on Saturday in the context of Twitter posts about his upcoming acoustic album.
The message was directed to fans, referencing his music.
No rational observer would interpret his words as a “promise” to Gomez about personal issues.
But HollywoodLife still jumped on the opportunity to sensationalize Bieber’s simple tweet and give its readers a completely false impression.
On Friday, HollywoodLife tried to pull similar shenanigans, running a bogus story about Victoria’s Secret model Barbara Palvin allegedly “tempting” Bieber with a bikini picture.
The site wound up changing its headline after Gossip Cop called out the speculative garbage for what it was.
So what’s left except to just make up stuff?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress