Justin Bieber Lands 2 Teen Vogue Covers, Talks God and Internet Haters
6:51 pm, April 2nd, 2013
Justin Bieber graces two different covers for the May issue of Teen Vogue, and opens up about his fame, friendship, music and spiritual side.
LARGER PHOTOS BELOW
Referring to his ubiquity on the Internet, Bieber says, “My Twitter is really nice. I have so many fans that I rarely ever see a nasty tweet. I don’t read YouTube comments because those can get you sad.”
As for whom he counts among his closest friends, Bieber tells the mag, “My dad, my mom, Ryan [Good]. Ryan and Chaz [his friends from home]. [Lil] Twist is my best friend. They don’t see me as Justin Bieber, but just see me as Justin.”
“I get good vibes from people all the time, and I probably could get along with them and be their friend, but now I just don’t trust anybody,” he goes on to explain. “Literally, my phone never rings. I only have, like, four people that I keep in contact with. I don’t need a bunch of friends to make me happy. I just need the people close to me that I love, that’s all.”
Bieber talks about the song “Yellow Raincoat,” and how it’s like his life.
“When I heard it I thought it was brilliant, says the pop star, adding, “In the studio, I said something that sounded like ‘raincoat,’ and I liked it. I was thinking of what I was going through. The raincoat is a metaphor for putting up a wall, not letting anyone affect what I do, because I know who I am and what type of person I am. It doesn’t matter what they say, I’ve got this yellow raincoat covering me.”
Bieber feels his spiritual side is “part of the reason I’m here. Not just because I’m talented, but because God had a purpose for me to just help people. I’m spiritual… although I slept in [and missed] church yesterday. I haven’t been to church in so long, and I planned on going, and I slept in. I was upset. It’s all good. God forgives me.”
Do Bieber’s comments surprise you or make you feel differently about him?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court