Justin Bieber Reportedly Latest Target of “Swatting” Police Prank
1:54 pm, October 10th, 2012
Justin Bieber appears to be the latest target of a “swatting” prank, in which someone provokes police into responding to a non-existent crime.
A 911 call was reportedly placed on Tuesday, claiming that an individual with a gun was spotted next to Bieber’s house in Los Angeles.
Cops are said to have responded to the scene in full force, sweeping the residence but finding no signs of trouble.
Law enforcement officials ultimately determined that the 911 caller had fabricated the treat as a “swatting” prank, according to TMZ.
Last week, Ashton Kutcher’s house was swarmed by police after a 911 call claimed a robbery was in progress, but turned out to be a prank.
Miley Cyrus was also the victim of a “swatting” at her residence in August.
This trend, which wastes police resources and time, has got to stop.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank