Ashton Kutcher & Justin Bieber “Swatting” Prankster Arrested
6:10 pm, December 18th, 2012
In both incidents, someone called the authorities to report gun-related activities at the stars’ homes, causing cops to respond to the perceived emergencies, only to discover there was no danger whatsoever.
On December 10, the Los Angeles Police Department arrested an unnamed juvenile in connection with the high-profile hoaxes.
The costly pranks occurred in October, with police coming to Kutcher’s residence after a bogus call about an armed home invasion that had supposedly left people shot.
A similar call led cops to respond unnecessarily to Bieber’s house a week later.
The arrested suspect is believed to have also been involved in orchestrating other false alarms.
“Swatting” calls are no laughing matter, as the practice puts citizens in harm’s way, requiring first responders to divert their attention and resources away from legitimate emergencies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court