Ashton Kutcher & Justin Bieber “Swatting” Prankster Arrested
6:10 pm, December 18th, 2012
In both incidents, someone called the authorities to report gun-related activities at the stars’ homes, causing cops to respond to the perceived emergencies, only to discover there was no danger whatsoever.
On December 10, the Los Angeles Police Department arrested an unnamed juvenile in connection with the high-profile hoaxes.
The costly pranks occurred in October, with police coming to Kutcher’s residence after a bogus call about an armed home invasion that had supposedly left people shot.
A similar call led cops to respond unnecessarily to Bieber’s house a week later.
The arrested suspect is believed to have also been involved in orchestrating other false alarms.
“Swatting” calls are no laughing matter, as the practice puts citizens in harm’s way, requiring first responders to divert their attention and resources away from legitimate emergencies.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face