Justin Bieber Sends “Prayers” to Killed Paparazzo’s Family, Pleads for New Laws
11:54 am, January 2nd, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, a paparazzo named Chris Guerra was attempting to take photos of Bieber’s Ferrari on a busy Los Angeles roadway when he was struck and killed by a passing car.
Bieber, who was NOT in the Ferrari at the time of the accident — having reportedly loaned the car to his friend rapper Lil Twist – is nonetheless expressing his condolences.
“While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim,” the singer says in a statement.
“Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves,” he continues.
Bieber has previously advocated for protection after recklessly being pursued by photographers while driving on several occasions.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man