Justin Bieber Sends “Prayers” to Killed Paparazzo’s Family, Pleads for New Laws
11:54 am, January 2nd, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, a paparazzo named Chris Guerra was attempting to take photos of Bieber’s Ferrari on a busy Los Angeles roadway when he was struck and killed by a passing car.
Bieber, who was NOT in the Ferrari at the time of the accident — having reportedly loaned the car to his friend rapper Lil Twist – is nonetheless expressing his condolences.
“While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim,” the singer says in a statement.
“Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves,” he continues.
Bieber has previously advocated for protection after recklessly being pursued by photographers while driving on several occasions.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties