Justin Bieber Pranks TMZ With Clever April Fools’ Day Joke
7:20 pm, April 1st, 2013
Justin Bieber got a little revenge on TMZ on April Fools’ Day.
The website has been on the teen singer’s every move since his rough week in London, and on Monday, The Biebs decided to turn the tables on the blog.
Bieber tweeted out to his nearly 37 million Twitter followers, “As promised taking all fan phone calls TODAY at (888) 847 9869. Talk to u soon!”
Of course, the number was not his own, but rather TMZ’s tip line.
Bieber then followed up with another post, writing, “Did everyone call me yet?”
Since the number is toll free, TMZ will be footing the bill for all the calls.
The Biebs has since removed the tweet, but you can see a screenshot of it below.
TMZ took the joke well, with reporter Dax Holt tweeting, “Best April fools joke goes 2 @JustinBieber. He tweeted out TMZs phone # saying he would be taking fan calls. Well played Bieber, well played.”
Holt added, “The phones here at TMZ won’t stop ringing!!#BieberAprilFoolsJoke LOL! So funny.”
What do you think of Bieber’s prank?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties