Justin Bieber Makes Good On Obama Promise; Meets 9/11 Teen Payton Wall
2:49 pm, June 26th, 2011
Justin Bieber made good on President Obama‘s promise to Payton Wall, a 14-year-old who lost her father on 9/11, and explained in a letter to the President how the singer’s music helped her overcome the horrible tragedy.
Six weeks ago, in a piece titled “Obama Makes Another Promise He Won’t Be Able to Keep,” New York Magazine doubted Obama would follow through on his promise to arrange the meeting between the young girl and Bieber.
But the singer followed through.
On Thursday, shortly after Bieber was knocked down outside of Macy’s, he met privately with Wall, her sister Avery, and best friend Madison Roberson, whose dads worked at Cantor Fitzgerald when the Twin Towers were attacked.
“It was so cool. I couldn’t believe it,” Payton told the New York Post of her meeting with Bieber.
Payton, who was wearing the superstar’s new fragrance, “Someday,” said she was more nervous about meeting Bieber than Obama at Ground Zero last month.
She also said Bieber asked “about the perfume and if we were wearing it.”
“He was really nice and is so cute,” added Peyton’s sister Avery. “He didn’t even look real.”
What do you think of Bieber following through on Obama’s promise?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet