Justin Bieber: “I Just Don’t Want To Be Another Teen Heartthrob”
11:34 am, September 11th, 2012
The pop superstar, who’s promoting his new book “Justin Bieber: Just Getting Started,” makes it clear that he wants to live up to the title.
“I feel like I just don’t want to be another teen heartthrob,” Bieber tells Seacrest. “I just think that that just annoys me. To think that’s what people will — will think of me — or, like, I just want to prove people wrong.”
The 18-year-old says his album Believe is a step in that direction.
He says he’s happy to hear people reacting positively to his new songs: “I like those reactions, because I feel like they’re now — they’re judging me based on my music and not based on, you know, my — a flick of my hair. You know?”
One of the the things he wants most is a Grammy Award, which Bieber says is “one of the things that I’m still striving for.”
Mallette, meanwhile, talks about how the world’s most famous Justin almost had a different name.
“I called him Jesse the whole pregnancy,” reveals Bieber’s mom. “And then, once he was born, I was like, ‘No, he doesn’t look like a Jesse. Justin.’”
She also talks about how The Biebs used to be a bit of a troublemaker.
Mallette recalls, “Every year. He got kicked out of class.”
Don’t worry, Beliebers, it was nothing serious.
“The first day of school, in 1st grade, I started making armpit fart noises in class,” remembers Bieber.
The Bieber interview airs on September 13.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture