Justin Bieber Not Planning to ‘Twist’
6:10 pm, March 22nd, 2011
According to The Sun, Justin Bieber is “desperate” to play Oliver Twist in a remake of the classic musical Oliver!
Supposedly, the star thinks his modest upbringing in Canada was good training for Charles Dickens‘ famous street urchin character.
“It’s a bold move by the singer,” declares the paper, which observes how multiple TV and film attempts to revive the story have been failures.
“But Justin has a better chance than most,” explains The Sun. “His army of fans would make the project a near-guaranteed success.”
We have no doubt Bieber’s fans would provide a huge boost to any project he might do; consider the massive success of his movie debut Never Say Never.
But the premise that he wants to play Twist (who happens to be several years younger than Bieber) is completely made up.
A rep tells Gossip Cop the rumor is “fake.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court