Justin Bieber Opens Up About Selena Gomez Breakup Song “Nothing Like Us”
2:03 pm, January 28th, 2013
He also premiered the song, called “Nothing Like Us.”
Bieber is struggling to cope with the end of his relationship with Gomez.
“I’m not in the happiest place that I’ve ever been,” he says. “I’m trying to get through what I’m going through. Like I said, I have my really close friends to cheer me up and keep me going.”
When the interviewer points out that the track is less “angry” than it is “sweet,” Bieber explains, “Because at the end of the day, there’s nothing like us, you know? That’s just it. It is what it is. People are going to relate to that.”
Asked about all the speculation pertaining to what happened between him and his ex, Bieber replies, “There’s so many rumors. People say I call Selena every day and she won’t pick up the phone or I’m chasing her down, and these are all fake stories.”
Bieber explains, “I don’t go on blogs or anything like that. I hear things. People tell me if something happens on the Internet. It gets back to me, definitely.”
He will not attend the Grammys next month, but he had an interesting answer when asked whom he’ll be rooting for that night.
“Chris Brown. I’m a fan. His music is really good. That’s what they should focus on: the music,” says Bieber.
Listen to “Nothing Like Us” below and tell us what you think!
Check out the rest of the Billboard interview here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?