Justin Bieber: “Mom Always Told Me There Wasn’t a Santa”
4:29 pm, December 18th, 2011
Despite having just released the Christmas album, “Under the Mistletoe,” Justin Bieber never believed in Santa Claus.
He says his mom, Pattie Mallette, “always told me there wasn’t a Santa.”
He explains, “This was her logic: She thought if I grew up knowing about Santa then finding out he wasn’t real, that it would be like she was lying to me. And then when she told me about God, I maybe wouldn’t believe her.”
“She just wanted to be straight-up and honest with me all the time,” he adds in an interview with AOL Music, noting, “But I didn’t tell my friends or ruin it for anyone — I was a good kid!”
Rather than unwrap gifts from under the tree, Bieber reveals, “We played a game on Christmas Day where everyone brought a girl gift and a boy gift. You roll the dice and if you get doubles, you get to pick a present and if you don’t, it’s the next person’s turn. Then, the next time you roll doubles you get to choose someone else’s present and switch.”
He recalls, “One time I really wanted a Game Boy but I ended up with pots and pans, which was disappointing. I think I gave them to my mom.”
As is holiday tradition, The Biebs will spend Christmas Eve with his mom’s side of the family, and then on Christmas Day he’ll see his dad and little brother and sister, who he plans to “spoil” with gifts.
The singer, who’s looking forward to “just relaxing” and being with his family, says he doesn’t really have Christmas wishes. “I just wish to be happy and that everyone be healthy in my family. And I wish that everybody gets to hear my Christmas album — and hopefully like it.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together