Pattie Mallette: People Think I’m ‘Oblivious’ to Son Justin Bieber’s Behavior
1:09 pm, August 18th, 2013
Asked about the teen superstar showing more independence since turning 18 last year, the single mom acknowledges, “When your kids hit a certain age your parenting style changes and it is hard letting go.”
“His life was my life and now I’ve had to let him go a little bit and let him be independent,” continues Mallette. ”It is hard to not be able to control everything that your adult child does.”
And while Bieber’s mother used to travel with the singer wherever his career took him, these days the pair spend much time apart.
“I text and call him every day. I definitely want to know everything that he is doing and what he is going through so I try to talk to him as much as he’ll let me,” Mallette tells the magazine, adding, “I mean, he’s on tour and being pulled in a million different directions but we talk as much as he is able.”
The Nowhere But Up author goes on to admit, “A lot of people might think that I have my head in the sand or that I am oblivious to the things my son is doing.”
She continues, ”I know who my son is and I don’t always agree with every single thing that he does but I don’t necessarily have to address that with everyone else.”
“He’s my son and I have to respect he is not going to want me going around being ‘that mom’ talking about his behavior,” says Mallette.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend