Pattie Mallette: People Think I’m ‘Oblivious’ to Son Justin Bieber’s Behavior
1:09 pm, August 18th, 2013
Asked about the teen superstar showing more independence since turning 18 last year, the single mom acknowledges, “When your kids hit a certain age your parenting style changes and it is hard letting go.”
“His life was my life and now I’ve had to let him go a little bit and let him be independent,” continues Mallette. ”It is hard to not be able to control everything that your adult child does.”
And while Bieber’s mother used to travel with the singer wherever his career took him, these days the pair spend much time apart.
“I text and call him every day. I definitely want to know everything that he is doing and what he is going through so I try to talk to him as much as he’ll let me,” Mallette tells the magazine, adding, “I mean, he’s on tour and being pulled in a million different directions but we talk as much as he is able.”
The Nowhere But Up author goes on to admit, “A lot of people might think that I have my head in the sand or that I am oblivious to the things my son is doing.”
She continues, ”I know who my son is and I don’t always agree with every single thing that he does but I don’t necessarily have to address that with everyone else.”
“He’s my son and I have to respect he is not going to want me going around being ‘that mom’ talking about his behavior,” says Mallette.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet