CLAIM: Justin Bieber “Grounded” By Mom For Buying $160,000 Custom-Made Car
10:08 am, November 25th, 2011
“Bieber Grounded By His Mom,” reads the headline of a National Enquirer story that claims, ”Justin Bieber has had his driver’s license suspended — by his overprotective mom!”
According to the tabloid, “The teen pop star’s driving privileges shifted into neutral after his mom, Pattie Mallette, grounded him for splurging on a $160,000 custom-made hot rod!”
The reason his mom reportedly “blew a gasket” and is “forbidding him from driving until he turns 18,” says the Enquirer, is that during a recent trip to the U.K., Bieber “treated himself to a customized ‘Project Kahn’ Range Rover, complete with a souped-up Cosworth engine, custom paint job and sound system worth tens of thousands of dollars.”
Story sound familiar?
Gossip Cop debunked the fabricated tale last week when it first appeared in the British tab, The Sun, where the Enquirer later stole it from.
Regardless, Bieber’s rep tells us there’s “no truth whatsoever” to The Biebs buying a $160,000 customized Range Rover.
Once again, the Enquirer crashes big time for jacking (and then publishing) a totally manufactured story.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own