CLAIM: Justin Bieber “Grounded” By Mom For Buying $160,000 Custom-Made Car
10:08 am, November 25th, 2011
“Bieber Grounded By His Mom,” reads the headline of a National Enquirer story that claims, ”Justin Bieber has had his driver’s license suspended — by his overprotective mom!”
According to the tabloid, “The teen pop star’s driving privileges shifted into neutral after his mom, Pattie Mallette, grounded him for splurging on a $160,000 custom-made hot rod!”
The reason his mom reportedly “blew a gasket” and is “forbidding him from driving until he turns 18,” says the Enquirer, is that during a recent trip to the U.K., Bieber “treated himself to a customized ‘Project Kahn’ Range Rover, complete with a souped-up Cosworth engine, custom paint job and sound system worth tens of thousands of dollars.”
Story sound familiar?
Gossip Cop debunked the fabricated tale last week when it first appeared in the British tab, The Sun, where the Enquirer later stole it from.
Regardless, Bieber’s rep tells us there’s “no truth whatsoever” to The Biebs buying a $160,000 customized Range Rover.
Once again, the Enquirer crashes big time for jacking (and then publishing) a totally manufactured story.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage