CLAIM: Justin Bieber “Grounded” By Mom For Buying $160,000 Custom-Made Car
10:08 am, November 25th, 2011
“Bieber Grounded By His Mom,” reads the headline of a National Enquirer story that claims, ”Justin Bieber has had his driver’s license suspended — by his overprotective mom!”
According to the tabloid, “The teen pop star’s driving privileges shifted into neutral after his mom, Pattie Mallette, grounded him for splurging on a $160,000 custom-made hot rod!”
The reason his mom reportedly “blew a gasket” and is “forbidding him from driving until he turns 18,” says the Enquirer, is that during a recent trip to the U.K., Bieber “treated himself to a customized ‘Project Kahn’ Range Rover, complete with a souped-up Cosworth engine, custom paint job and sound system worth tens of thousands of dollars.”
Story sound familiar?
Gossip Cop debunked the fabricated tale last week when it first appeared in the British tab, The Sun, where the Enquirer later stole it from.
Regardless, Bieber’s rep tells us there’s “no truth whatsoever” to The Biebs buying a $160,000 customized Range Rover.
Once again, the Enquirer crashes big time for jacking (and then publishing) a totally manufactured story.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre