Justin Bieber Defends Wearing Overalls to Meet Prime Minister: I’m Not “White Trash”
10:11 am, November 26th, 2012
The teen singer took to Instagram to explain his fashion choice, posting a photo of a story from the Daily Mail referring to him as a “white trash prince.”
The Biebs wrote, “The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where I was performing that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet to him.”
Bieber then directly addressed the author of the Daily Mail piece, Hayley Peterson, saying, “If you ‘Hayley’ expect me to have a change of clothes, let alone a suit, at that specific time, that’s crazy.”
“It wasn’t like I was going into his environment — we were at a hockey arena,” added the pop star.
He concluded, “Wow am I ever white trash Hayley Peterson lol.”
Prime Minister Harper, for his part, didn’t appear the least bit offended by Bieber’s ensemble.
Harper tweeted, “In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too. #cdnpoli #beliebers”
What do you think of Bieber’s response to the overalls haters?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?