Justin Bieber Signs Canadian Singer Carly Rae Jepsen to Record Deal (VIDEO)
8:26 pm, February 14th, 2012VIDEO
He’s also making 26-year-old Carly Rae Jepsen’s dreams come true by signing her to a new record deal.
Bieber made the announcement, via video, during a segment Tuesday on MuchMusic’s “New Music Live,” which featured Jepsen as a guest.
The pop superstar described hearing Jepsen’s song “Call Me Maybe” and immediately falling “in love” with the track.
“I just wanted to tell everybody that we signed her,” he continued, “so everyone go check her out, a song called ‘Call Me Maybe,’ and she’s going to blow up.”
Jepsen, whose album Curiosity came out on Tuesday, will now work with Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun at Schoolboy Records.
Braun also called into the show, and shared praise for both Jepsen and Bieber.
“The last time I worked with a Canadian, it worked out really, really well,” he said jokingly.
Now Braun and Bieber are looking to bring Jepsen out to Los Angeles to work on an album – and maybe even a collaboration with Bieber himself.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"