Justin Bieber Portugal Concert Canceled “Due to Low Ticket Sales”?
8:03 pm, March 10th, 2013EXCLUSIVE
Justin Bieber has canceled one of two concerts scheduled this week in Portugal, and the Mirror claims it’s “due to low ticket sales,” and asks, “Are this week’s events to blame?”
“One of the dates in the country will still go ahead, but a second is now off, after a… how do we put this… let’s say ‘eventful’ week in London,” writes the British tab, referring to the singer’s health scare and run-ins with the UK press.
The Mirror goes on to cite “music promoters” as saying that Bieber “cancelled his concert which was due to take place in Lisbon on Tuesday ‘due to unforeseen circumstances.’”
That part is true.
But then the outlet goes even further, noting that “a Portugese newspaper reported that there had not been enough demand for tickets.”
Not enough demand for a singer that just sold out four shows in London?
Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun tells Gossip Cop exclusively that BOTH of Bieber’s Portugal concerts were sold out, but he was forced to cancel the second show due to logistical problems with the unions.
Braun tells us there are “issues with load out,” referring to the time given to break down the stage and all the equipment from a show, which is why the second concert was the one axed.
As for the Mirror‘s off-base claims of “low ticket sales,” Braun says simply, “The British tabloids are full of sh*t.”
We know Bieber would agree.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage