Justin Bieber Portugal Concert Canceled “Due to Low Ticket Sales”?
8:03 pm, March 10th, 2013EXCLUSIVE
Justin Bieber has canceled one of two concerts scheduled this week in Portugal, and the Mirror claims it’s “due to low ticket sales,” and asks, “Are this week’s events to blame?”
“One of the dates in the country will still go ahead, but a second is now off, after a… how do we put this… let’s say ‘eventful’ week in London,” writes the British tab, referring to the singer’s health scare and run-ins with the UK press.
The Mirror goes on to cite “music promoters” as saying that Bieber “cancelled his concert which was due to take place in Lisbon on Tuesday ‘due to unforeseen circumstances.’”
That part is true.
But then the outlet goes even further, noting that “a Portugese newspaper reported that there had not been enough demand for tickets.”
Not enough demand for a singer that just sold out four shows in London?
Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun tells Gossip Cop exclusively that BOTH of Bieber’s Portugal concerts were sold out, but he was forced to cancel the second show due to logistical problems with the unions.
Braun tells us there are “issues with load out,” referring to the time given to break down the stage and all the equipment from a show, which is why the second concert was the one axed.
As for the Mirror‘s off-base claims of “low ticket sales,” Braun says simply, “The British tabloids are full of sh*t.”
We know Bieber would agree.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party