CLAIM: Justin Bieber “Failed” to Donate Promised Money to Teen Mom Charity
2:46 pm, July 2nd, 2012
“Justin Bieber failed to deliver on his promise to donate a portion of the sales of his single ‘Turn to You’ to the Bethesda Centre, a Salvation Army branch in London, Ontario, that supports teenage mothers,” begins a piece in Star that tries to smear the young singer.
The tab goes on to write that “without Justin’s contribution, the charity failed to meet its failed $1.5 million goal and will close on June 30,” which it did.
Not content to misrepresent the circumstances, Star then quotes a rep for the organization saying, “There’s been no indication at all that there would be proceeds in the future” from Bieber.
Gossip Cop thoroughly investigated, and the Bethesda Centre was in terrible financial straits way before Bieber was asked to get involved, only a few weeks before facing what was an inevitable closing.
In fact, the center for teen moms — where the singer’s mother once lived — appealed to the Salvation Army to extend its deadline before shutting down, with the hope that the proceeds from Bieber’s single could later be collected, but the Salvation Army declined.
Bieber had NOTHING to do with the Bethesda Centre’s problems.
The claim is “completely untrue,” adds Bieber’s rep.
Not only that — and interestingly omitted for the Star story — is that Bieber felt so bad about the place closing, he’s pledged to help other programs for teen moms.
So, contrary to the tab’s portrayal, Bieber is the hero, not the villain.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired