Justin Bieber Attacked By Man in NYC [UPDATED]
3:49 pm, June 23rd, 2011UPDATED
Justin Bieber was tackled and knocked to the ground by a man who jumped a barricade outside Macy’s in New York on Thursday afternoon.
“He literally tried to attack him,” said one woman.
On the ground, Bieber was heard saying, “What? What?”
Bieber was described as “startled and shaken up,” but not injured.
Bieber had been inside the store to promote his new fragrance “Someday” when he went outside to greet approximately 500 fans who were unable to attend the event inside Macy’s.
Witnesses say that as Bieber came out the door and headed toward the crowd behind a barricade, an unidentified man jumped a police barrier and knocked him to the ground.
Cops grabbed the man, who reportedly was a plainclothes officer who initially didn’t identify himself.
Gossip Cop can confirm that the police also took away and summonsed a 47-year-old security guard for Bieber who didn’t budge when officers asked the crowd to move away from the singer.
He was later cited for disorderly conduct.
After the incident, Bieber went back into the store.
Keep coming back to Gossip Cop for updates.
UPDATE: There’s some video now. At the 54-second mark, you can see the man jump over the barricade and head for Bieber. Check it out below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted