Justin Bieber Apologizes For Flag Controversy, Says It Was “Mistake” And Meant “No Disrespect”
12:00 am, November 14th, 2013
Justin Bieber has issued a lengthy apology for kicking the Argentine flag off stage during a recent concert.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, a backlash erupted after a video surfaced online showing the singer using his foot and mic stand to push the flag out of his way during his show on Saturday in Buenos Aires.
Many criticized Bieber for treating the country’s sacred flag so carelessly, but the performer took to Twitter late Wednesday to explain that he meant no harm.
In a series of tweets, Bieber wrote:
heard about what is going on with me down in Argentina and im shocked. I love Argentina and have had some of the best shows of my tour there. people throw stuff on my stage all show and i get it to the stage hands to get off so no one got hurt. that video i saw a bra and thought it was a shirt. Im being told by my team it was a shirt but even if it was a flag I would never do anything to disrespect Argentina or the people of Argentina or the fans. Im so sorry for anyone who took my actions the wrong way and I hope you can forgive this mistake. so once again to the people of Argentina. Im sorry if that was taken the wrong way and im sorry for my mistake. I hope u can accept this and I loved my time there performing for you and look forward to coming back. I gave my all and I know the fans did there too. te amo. I would never do anything to disrespect my fans. I dont like having to defend myself but this time it was needed as I mean no disrespect. so it is all love all around the world. thanks.
He added, “and to all the beliebers ALL AROUND THE WORLD. I love you and thank you for always standing by me. Much Love to Everyone. thanks.”
What do you think of Bieber’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties