Julie Chen: I Had Plastic Surgery on Eyes to Look Less “Chinese” (VIDEO)
6:36 pm, September 11th, 2013VIDEO
Julie Chen opened up about her past decision to have plastic surgery on Wednesday’s edition of “The Talk.”
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
The host discussed how, as a young news reporter, she was told that she could never sit at the anchor desk “because you’re Chinese.”
Chen recounted how an agent later reiterated that she’d only be able to advance in her career if she underwent a cosmetic procedure “to make your eyes look bigger.”
She became emotional as she recalled how her parents ultimately supported her difficult choice to change her face in order to move up the ladder.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents