Julianne Moore Praises Sarah Palin
10:05 am, February 26th, 2012VIDEO
Moore, who tried to mimic Palin by listening to the audio of her book, “Going Rogue,” and sporting her trademark glasses, says, “I do think the situation that she was put in was a completely untenable one.”
The actress explains that Palin enjoyed an “open relationship” with the media when she was the governor of Alaska, but all that changed when she was tapped by Sen. John McCain to be his running mate.
Palin “was suddenly almost in lockdown, where [she] wasn’t allowed to speak to anybody unless it went through the proper channels. They were telling her what to do and how to dress. And how to behave,” Moore tells the New York Post. “So they take a candidate for what she is and what she represents, and they want to make her into something else.”
The former governor of Alaska’s limited knowledge of international affairs at the time, notes Moore, doesn’t mean she’s not smart.
“People did see that she was not as prepared as they would have liked her to be. And they saw it in the various interviews that we all saw,” says Moore, adding however, “I think she’s very canny… And she’s extremely hardworking and ambitious, and would not have reached the place that she reached without ability. You don’t get to be a vice-presidential candidate by accident.”
What do you think of Moore’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?