Julianne Hough: I’m Sorry I Wore Blackface For Halloween [UPDATE]
5:35 pm, October 26th, 2013PHOTOS
Julianne Hough wore blackface for her “Orange is the New Black” costume at the Casamigos Tequila Halloween party in Hollywood on Friday night.
The Safe Haven actress dressed as Crazy Eyes, a black character from the popular Netflix series, while her friends portrayed other stars from the show.
Derek Hough posted a pic of the group to Instagram (see right and below), writing, “Orange is the new Black !! Genius costumes. Love how much they commit and have fun with a show they love. #womanunit.”
But after observers criticized the actress’ decision, she tweeted an apology on Saturday:
“I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created. It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize.”
What do you think about the costume?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting