Josh Brent of Dallas Cowboys Jailed After Car Crash Kills Teammate Jerry Brown
3:46 pm, December 8th, 2012
The single vehicle accident occurred in the Irving, TX area at approximately 2:30 a.m., when Brent reportedly hit a curb at high speed and flipped the car.
Brown, a member of the Cowboys’ practice squad, was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
He was 25.
Brent failed a sobriety test and was booked on a felony charge of intoxication manslaughter.
He’s currently being held in jail without bail.
“We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a statement. “At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry’s family and all of those who knew him and loved him.”
Brent, a defensive tackle, is in his third season with the Cowboys.
He was arrested in 2009 for drunk driving in Illinois.
It’s the second tragedy in as many weekends for the National Football League.
Last Saturday, Jovan Belcher of the Kansas City Chiefs killed himself at the team’s facility after murdering his girlfriend.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Keith Urban Doesn't Want To Leave Idol
- Brad Pitt Calls Angelina 'Heroic'