Jon Voight Denies Reporter Claim That He Crashed Angelina Jolie’s Land Premiere
2:20 am, December 10th, 2011EXCLUSIVE
According to the piece, Voight was “not invited” to the L.A. event, and “sneaked onto the carpet in order to speak to and be photographed with his famous daughter.”
The story goes on to claim, “While Angelina kept a polite smile on her face, the awkwardness was palpable to those in the know. And the producers were absolutely furious about his behavior.”
Quoting an unnamed “insider,” The Hollywood Reporter writes, “Angelina did not want him there.”
But that’s not all.
The site says at the film’s after-party, “Security forces were told to keep him far away from Brad and Angie all night.”
The Hollywood Reporter then throws in that while “the international media has already reported that the two publicly reconciled [on Thursday]… The reality could not be further from the truth.”
NO, The Hollywood Reporter’s mean-spirited story could not be further from the truth.
Gossip Cop spoke exclusively with Voight, who told us straightforwardly, “She invited me, and I came.”
And far from the wholly inaccurate mention of a recent “reconciliation,” Voight noted in passing how “we talked about [the film] for the past year.”
Beyond that, Voight was nothing less than a proud father.
He called In The Land of Blood and Honey “remarkable,” “fantastic,” “magnificent,” and “deeply compelling.”
Voight added that he was “impressed” by Jolie’s ability to write the film “from scratch,” and felt she’s now in the “top echelon of directors.”
The only one that crashes here is The Hollywood Reporter’s reporting.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- Macaulay Culkin's Band Is Kind Of Amazing
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?