Jon Stewart Takes Swipe at Rick Sanchez at Autism Event
1:00 am, October 3rd, 2010
While hosting Comedy Central’s “Night Of Too Many Stars” – a star-studded event on Saturday which benefited autism education programs - Jon Stewart urged audience members to be generous with their donations. And in doing so, the funnyman took a swipe at former CNN newsman Rick Sanchez, who recently called him “a bigot.”
Stewart advised the crowd at the Beacon Theatre that if they felt guilty, for example, having dented a friend’s car, they should give the autism fundraiser $50. And if they felt guilty for cheating in some manner, donating $500 to the benefit would make them feel better.
“If you went on the radio and said the Jews control the media,” said Stewart in a pointed jab at Sanchez, “In that case… you may want to hold on to your money,”
The Comedy Central star then cracked, “All [Sanchez] has to do is apologize… and we’ll hire him back.”
Stewart, of course, was referring to Sanchez being fired from his job after suggesting on Sirius XM radio’s “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick” show that CNN and other outlets were run by Jews.
The audience roared with laughter and applause at Stewart’s barbs.
But that wasn’t it for Sanchez.
David Letterman made a surprise walk-on appearance at the fundraiser, and joked that the only reason he was in New York City was that the “Late Show” host was “helping Rick Sanchez clean out his office.”
“Night Of Too Many Stars” airs on Comedy Central on October 21.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2