Jon Bon Jovi’s Daughter Has Heroin Charges Dropped
4:32 pm, November 15th, 2012
The heroin charges against Jon Bon Jovi’s 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi have been dropped, the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office said on Thursday.
Bongiovi, who was arrested at Hamilton College on Wednesday after a suspected heroin overdose, will not be prosecuted due to the New York state “Good Samaritan” law, which prohibits prosecution against the victim of a drug overdose and the witness who helped the individual.
Her 21-year-old male companion will therefore also not be prosecuted.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, police found Bongiovi in a dorm room after her friend reported that she was unresponsive.
She was charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminal use of drug paraphernalia.
Bongiovi is the eldest of Jon Bon Jovi’s four children with wife Dorothea Hurley.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?