CLAIM: Depp Stops Mugger
12:50 pm, May 3rd, 2010
Did Johnny Depp step off the screen to become a daring, real-life crime fighter?
“It was an extremely scary moment,” another “friend” tells the Sun. “This guy looked off his head.”
How did the Pirates of the Caribbean star supposedly react to the would-be robber?
“Johnny looked him straight in the eyes and told him to back off,” claims the friend, after which the wide-eyed hoodlum supposedly stared at Depp and said, “‘I ain’t stealing from Captain Jack’” before putting the bottle down.
What a thrilling tale!
One small problem.
Depp wasn’t in Los Angeles when this showdown allegedly happened.
He wasn’t even in the United States.
The actor was in Europe, where he still is.
Depp’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop that the bottle bandit incident “did not happen.”
Looks like another case of the Sun mugging… for attention.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet