CLAIM: Depp Stops Mugger
12:50 pm, May 3rd, 2010
Did Johnny Depp step off the screen to become a daring, real-life crime fighter?
“It was an extremely scary moment,” another “friend” tells the Sun. “This guy looked off his head.”
How did the Pirates of the Caribbean star supposedly react to the would-be robber?
“Johnny looked him straight in the eyes and told him to back off,” claims the friend, after which the wide-eyed hoodlum supposedly stared at Depp and said, “‘I ain’t stealing from Captain Jack’” before putting the bottle down.
What a thrilling tale!
One small problem.
Depp wasn’t in Los Angeles when this showdown allegedly happened.
He wasn’t even in the United States.
The actor was in Europe, where he still is.
Depp’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop that the bottle bandit incident “did not happen.”
Looks like another case of the Sun mugging… for attention.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!