CLAIM: Depp Stops Mugger
12:50 pm, May 3rd, 2010
Did Johnny Depp step off the screen to become a daring, real-life crime fighter?
“It was an extremely scary moment,” another “friend” tells the Sun. “This guy looked off his head.”
How did the Pirates of the Caribbean star supposedly react to the would-be robber?
“Johnny looked him straight in the eyes and told him to back off,” claims the friend, after which the wide-eyed hoodlum supposedly stared at Depp and said, “‘I ain’t stealing from Captain Jack’” before putting the bottle down.
What a thrilling tale!
One small problem.
Depp wasn’t in Los Angeles when this showdown allegedly happened.
He wasn’t even in the United States.
The actor was in Europe, where he still is.
Depp’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop that the bottle bandit incident “did not happen.”
Looks like another case of the Sun mugging… for attention.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting