John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John Reunite for This Christmas Album
11:37 am, October 2nd, 2012
In November, the Grease duo will release a holiday album called “This Christmas,” nearly 35 years after their movie musical and its soundtrack became cultural landmarks.
The new album features the pair singing an original song called “I Think You Might Like It,” as well as an all-star lineup — including Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, James Taylor and Kenny G — performing Christmas standards.
“From the moment we decided to to this, magic happened,” said Travolta in a statement. “Everyone we contacted agreed to do it.”
The actor explained, “My desire was to make This Christmas an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy. I wanted people to be able to play it around the house or in the car during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration.”
“We all felt a wonderful, joyful energy while recording this album,” added Newton-John. “We want to make a lot of people smile and happy.”
Proceeds from the album will be donated to the Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre.
“This Christmas” will be released on November 13.
Are you looking forward to hearing Travolta and Newton-John together again?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Amanda Bynes' Nose Job Mystery
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- McKellen Marrying Stewart