John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John Reunite for This Christmas Album
11:37 am, October 2nd, 2012
In November, the Grease duo will release a holiday album called “This Christmas,” nearly 35 years after their movie musical and its soundtrack became cultural landmarks.
The new album features the pair singing an original song called “I Think You Might Like It,” as well as an all-star lineup — including Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, James Taylor and Kenny G — performing Christmas standards.
“From the moment we decided to to this, magic happened,” said Travolta in a statement. “Everyone we contacted agreed to do it.”
The actor explained, “My desire was to make This Christmas an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy. I wanted people to be able to play it around the house or in the car during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration.”
“We all felt a wonderful, joyful energy while recording this album,” added Newton-John. “We want to make a lot of people smile and happy.”
Proceeds from the album will be donated to the Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre.
“This Christmas” will be released on November 13.
Are you looking forward to hearing Travolta and Newton-John together again?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents