John Stamos Was Right To Call “Bullsh*t” On Olsen Twins For Saying They Were Unaware Of Fuller House Series

Truth rating: 10
John Stamos Olsen Twins Full House

By James Crugnale


John Stamos Olsen Twins Full House

(Getty Images)

John Stamos is calling “bullsh*t,” with good reason, on a report that claims Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were surprised about “Fuller House,” the upcoming “Full House” spin-off on Netflix. As Gossip Cop reported earlier, the Olsen Twins told Women’s Wear Daily that they first learned about the reboot following Stamos’ announcement on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” On Monday, Stamos tweeted, “I call bulls*t” about a story that alleges the Olsen Twins weren’t told about “Fuller House.” In fact, a source connected to the project exclusively tells Gossip Cop that Mary-Kate and Ashley knew full well about the proposed show.

Last week, WWD quoted Mary-Kate saying, “We just found out about it today,” adding that they were “shocked” they hadn’t heard about it from Stamos, and that they were “going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening.” But it’s simply not true, Gossip Cop has learned. A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop, “It was not a surprise for them,” noting, “They had known about it before and had information about it.”

As we reported earlier this month, Netflix picked up a 13-episode order of the “Full House” reboot, with Candace Cameron Bure’s character D.J. Tanner as the lead star. Lori Loughlin recently said that several former “Full House” cast members, including her and Bob Saget, are still in talks about returning. And, the official press release announcing the show stated Netflix was negotiating with the other cast members, specifically mentioning the Olsens. It’s not clear why they tried to misrepresent the situation.

John stamos tweet olsen twins


Enter your email address here to receive daily news updates from us.


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. The Mary Sue