John Stamos “Heartbroken” Mary-Kate And Ashley Olsen Not Returning For Fuller House
John Stamos said he’s “heartbroken” Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen won’t be returning for Netflix’s “Fuller House.” As Gossip Cop reported, executive producer Robert L. Boyett said on Friday in a statement that the twins had decided not to reprise their shared role as Michelle Tanner.
Following the announcement, Stamos tweeted the hashtag, “#heartbroken.” In a second Twitter post he wrote, “I understand they’re in a different place and I wish them the best. I promise you will not be disappointed with our reunion and spin off!!” Stamos also retweeted a fan’s post that read: “@JohnStamos respectfully, do they realize they wouldn’t have a career if not for that show?”
As Gossip Cop previously noted, Stamos and a few other members from the original “Full House” will reprise their roles for “Fuller House.” Stamos, who is producing the spin-off, will be back as Jesse and Dave Coulier is returning as Joey. The new series will center around Candace Cameron-Bure’s character D.J. Tanner, who is widowed with two children and a third on the way. D.J. asks her best friend Kimmy (Andrea Barber) and sister, Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin), to move in with her because she needs help raising her family. Reportedly, Bob Saget and Lori Loughlin are still in talks to come back as Danny Tanner and Aunt Becky, respectively.