John Rich Reportedly Kicked Off Plane For Being Too Drunk
3:51 pm, December 5th, 2011
“Celebrity Apprentice” winner John Rich was reportedly kicked off a Southwest flight from Las Vegas to Nashville on Sunday morning for being too intoxicated to fly.
According to TMZ, the country singer got in a verbal confrontation with passengers prior to boarding the plane, and then continued to exhibit drunken behavior once he was seated on the aircraft.
Rich is said to have been cooperative, however, when crew members asked him to leave the plane.
A rep for Southwest confirms to Gossip Cop that such an incident occurred, but would not release the passenger’s name.
The rep says, “Our crew assessed the situation and determined that the passenger was not fit for travel,” explaining, “If we can mitigate an uncomfortable situation prior to departure, it is our preference to do so and that is what happened in this scenario.”
Adds the spokesperson, “The customer was immediately rebooked on a later Southwest flight out of Las Vegas, but chose to make alternative travel arrangements.”
The former “Big & Rich” crooner tweeted on Saturday that he was headed from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to perform a show.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents