John Mayer Cancels Shows, Delays Album Due to Throat Problem
12:46 pm, September 17th, 2011
John Mayer is canceling two upcoming performances and postponing the release of his next album due to a vocal cord issue.
He announced the news on his blog.
“After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords called a granuloma,” he explains.
Mayer doesn’t go into the specific nature of his granuloma, which is broadly characterized as a tissue inflammation.
He’s dropped out of next weekend’s iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, as well as an upcoming performance with Tony Bennett in Los Angeles.
The album, Born and Raised, had been slated for release later this year. It now will be pushed to 2012.
“This is a temporary setback, although I’m not sure how long or short a period of time it will be,” writes Mayer. “I’ve got the best doctors in the country looking after me and I will be singing and touring again as soon as I get the all clear.”
He continues, “Until then I’ll be spending time writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village.”
We hope Mayer’s back on stage soon.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Famous Left Handers
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Best Halloween Costumes In Hollywood
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up