John Mayer Refused To Duet On Katy Perry Song, Says Tabloid
3:31 pm, November 6th, 2013
“Katy Perry and John Mayer are butting heads so hard over ‘creative differences’ they actually stopped talking for a while — and pals feared they were about to split again,” begins a breathless piece from the National Enquirer.
According to a so-called “source” for the magazine, “Katy had done a duet with John for his last album, but when she asked him to return the favor for her next single, John balked when she wanted him to warble on one of her bubbly pop songs.”
“Warble”? “Bubbly pop songs”?
That’s not a “source” — that’s the distinct voice of the National Enquirer.
Anyway, this made up “insider,” who was apparently present for the couple’s supposed fight, goes on to allege that Mayer complained, “You know that’s not my style of music,” to which Perry “pouted,” “I did it for you.”
Yup… that never happened.
Gossip Cop checked in with a close Mayer source, who tells us the magazine’s story is simply “not true.”
Oh, and if that’s not enough, Mayer recently opened up about the pair’s collaboration at the Oxford Union (video below), and everything he says goes against the Enquirer report.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank