John Mayer Raves About Katy Perry Hit ‘Roar’: It’s “Such An Incredibly Big Song”
2:59 pm, August 16th, 2013
“I remember hearing it, going like, ‘Wow what an interesting experience’ to hear something that you identify as massive before it’s massive,” he tells Billboard. “I thought it was a really sweet, unforgettable sort of experience to hear someone’s work while they still have a very nascent relationship with it.”
Mayer explains, “In a way you get swallowed up by it, it’s so big.”
“Because it’s such an incredibly big song that it doesn’t need you to tell anybody, while you’re eating lunch, [that] millions of people are going to be dancing on tables to that,” adds the singer-songwriter.
Another track to make a splash this week was Mayer’s collaboration with Perry, “Who You Love.”
He says, “I immediately thought about Katy and I was like, what a cool voice. What a cool artistic personality to have on. It was a really fun opportunity for her to write like, her answer to that. So you get these two sides to this relationship that are brutally honest but no less universal”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank