John Mayer and Katy Perry Engaged?
6:07 pm, February 11th, 2013
That’s what the serial speculators at HollywoodLife seem to want people to believe.
Jay Penske’s silly blog, which would rather publish eye-grabbing rumors than actually look into them, thinks it might have a major scoop about the high-profile music couple.
“Are wedding bells in Katy Perry’s near future?” asks HollywoodLife, which used to link Perry to Robert Pattinson — repeatedly and wrongly.
What’s the, um, evidence?
The couple ate with Perry’s parents at Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills after Sunday’s Grammys.
“Katy was spotted wearing a ring on her wedding finger the week before the Grammys,” adds HollywoodLife. “Could it be an engagement ring? Perhaps they went to dinner with Katy’s parents to talk about the happy news? Everyone looked thrilled as they left!”
For a site that claims to have celebrity “news,” HollywoodLies, er, HollywoodLife relies a lot on asking its readers to guess what’s going on with celebrities.
Earlier on Monday, the webloid completely made up a false Rihanna-Chris Brown engagement rumor.
The Mayer-Perry report is just as baseless.
A source close to Mayer assures Gossip Cop that HollywoodLife’s reporting is once again entirely “untrue.”
We’re looking forward to HollywoodLife’s next post — after they’re done reading our story — which will shamelessly declare, “Katy Perry & John Mayer Not Engaged – Exclusive Details.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents