John Mayer Forced to Cancel Tour After Throat Problem Returns
2:14 pm, March 9th, 2012
The “No Such Thing” singer was forced to cancel his upcoming tour on Friday due to an ongoing problem with his throat.
Mayer, who underwent surgery to repair an inflammation above his vocal cord last fall, announced the unfortunate news on his blog, telling fans, “During rehearsal on Tuesday, it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right. I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed.”
“This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing,” he writes.
The singer adds, “Nothing feels worse than having to break the stage down before the performance, and I mean nothing. I love this band you were going to hear, I love the guys and girls I work with, and the only thing that stops me from devolving into a puddle of tears is knowing that it’s a long life, and the greatest gift in the world is being able to create music no matter what the circumstances.”
Mayer’s new album “Born and Raised” will still be released as planned on May 22.
Gossip Cop wishes Mayer a speedy recovery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand