John Legend: “All Men Should Be Feminists”
2:27 pm, March 30th, 2013
This week, the performer announced the Sound of Change Live concert to raise funds and awareness for Chime for Change, an organization that promotes women’s education, health, and justice worldwide.
At a press conference for the June event (which will feature Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding, and others), Legend cited his mother as his inspiration and explained his commitment to women’s issues.
“All men should be feminists,” declared Legend. “If men care about women’s rights the world will be a better place.”
He added, “We are better off when women are empowered – it leads to a better society.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Macaulay Culkin's Band Is Kind Of Amazing
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Paul Walker Dies From Automobile Accident