John Legend: “All Men Should Be Feminists”
2:27 pm, March 30th, 2013
This week, the performer announced the Sound of Change Live concert to raise funds and awareness for Chime for Change, an organization that promotes women’s education, health, and justice worldwide.
At a press conference for the June event (which will feature Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding, and others), Legend cited his mother as his inspiration and explained his commitment to women’s issues.
“All men should be feminists,” declared Legend. “If men care about women’s rights the world will be a better place.”
He added, “We are better off when women are empowered – it leads to a better society.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank