John Legend: “All Men Should Be Feminists”
2:27 pm, March 30th, 2013
This week, the performer announced the Sound of Change Live concert to raise funds and awareness for Chime for Change, an organization that promotes women’s education, health, and justice worldwide.
At a press conference for the June event (which will feature Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding, and others), Legend cited his mother as his inspiration and explained his commitment to women’s issues.
“All men should be feminists,” declared Legend. “If men care about women’s rights the world will be a better place.”
He added, “We are better off when women are empowered – it leads to a better society.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?