John Galliano Found Guilty; Fined But No Prison For Anti-Semitic Slurs
9:39 am, September 8th, 2011
John Galliano has been found guilty by a French court of anti-Semitic and racist comments after two separate incidents in Paris.
The fashion designer was convicted of making “public insults based on origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity,” and sentenced to suspended fines totaling 6,000 euros. He’ll have to give the complainants a symbolic 1 euro payment in damages.
Galliano faced up to six months in jail but will avoid prison time.
In October 2010, he verbally abused a teacher at a bar with various racist and anti-Jewish epithets.
He’s blamed his outburst on addiction to alcohol and pills.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre