John Galliano Fired By Christian Dior
9:43 am, March 1st, 2011
John Galliano has been officially fired by Christian Dior, the fashion house the designer ran since 1996.
Galliano was canned following the release of a video clip showing him shouting anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris bar.
Late last night, Natalie Portman, who’s the face of Miss Dior Cherie perfume and is Jewish, lashed out at Galliano, saying she was ”deeply shocked and disgusted” by the video, noting she “will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way.”
Christian Dior Chief Executive Sidney Toledano said in a statement following Galliano’s firing: ”I very firmly condemn what was said by John Galliano, which totally contradicts the values which have always been defended by Christian Dior.”
Galliano was fired on the first day of Paris Fashion Week.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Reggie Bush Disses Kim & Kanye On Instagram
- Jay-Z's Teaching Blue Ivy Something He Never Learned
- What Did Kanye Spend $2 Million On For North?