John Galliano Fired By Christian Dior
9:43 am, March 1st, 2011
John Galliano has been officially fired by Christian Dior, the fashion house the designer ran since 1996.
Galliano was canned following the release of a video clip showing him shouting anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris bar.
Late last night, Natalie Portman, who’s the face of Miss Dior Cherie perfume and is Jewish, lashed out at Galliano, saying she was ”deeply shocked and disgusted” by the video, noting she “will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way.”
Christian Dior Chief Executive Sidney Toledano said in a statement following Galliano’s firing: ”I very firmly condemn what was said by John Galliano, which totally contradicts the values which have always been defended by Christian Dior.”
Galliano was fired on the first day of Paris Fashion Week.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage