Joey McIntyre: “I’m OK” After Narrowly Missing Boston Marathon Explosions
5:11 pm, April 15th, 2013PHOTOS
The New Kids on the Block singer took to Twitter to assure fans he was fine after spending the morning tweeting his excitement for the race.
“There was an explosion by the finish line about 5 minutes after I finished,” he wrote in the afternoon. “I’m ok but I’m sure there are many hurt.”
As Gossip Cop reported, there were multiple casualties and dozens injured after two bombs went off consecutively near the finish line.
Before the race, McIntyre tweeted several pictures of himself, showing off shirts he’d wear for his run (see below).
In the weeks leading up to the event, he wrote on Twitter that he was “running for my mom’s memory,” revealing that she suffers from Alzheimer’s.
Through a Crowdrise page, he fundraised nearly $40,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association.
McIntyre’s fellow NKOTB member Donnie Wahlberg tweeted after the bombings, “Just heard that @joeymcintyre is ok! Thanks to everyone for tweeting! Scared for everyone else in Boston. #PrayerForBoston please.”
“Check in on all your friends who’re fans of Joe Mac,” he added. ”Knowing BH’s the way we do, I’m sure some were out to support Joe today. #PrayForBoston”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank