Joe Paterno Has Lung Cancer
4:31 pm, November 18th, 2011
Joe Paterno has lung cancer, his son revealed on Friday.
The embattled former Penn State football coach is said to have a treatable form of the disease.
“Last weekend my father was diagnosed with a treatable form of lung cancer during a follow-up visit for a bronchial illness,” said Scott Paterno in a statement.
It continues, “He is currently undergoing treatment and his doctors are optimistic that he will make a full recovery. As everyone can appreciate, this is a deeply personal matter for my parents, and we simply ask that his privacy be respected as he proceeds with treatment.”
Joe Paterno was fired amid the scandal surrounding his onetime defensive coordinator, Jerry Sandusky, who’s been accused of raping children while at Penn State.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too