Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Joe Paterno Funeral
4:00 pm, January 22nd, 2012
The Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest Joe Paterno’s funeral.
Known for their vile message of “God Hates F*gs” and policy of disturbing the bereaved, the “Church” now intends to disrupt Paterno’s ceremony.
Phelps tweeted,“’Penn State Penn Rape’ rings in Joe Paterno’s ears in hell. He partook of sin for fame & fortune. Worth NOTHING to him now. #PicketFuneral”
It seems the “Church” is targeting the legendary Penn State football coach because of his ties to the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, which ended Paterno’s 46-year tenure at the school.
Paterno died today at 85.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss