Joe Francis Sentenced to Jail For Assault and False Imprisonment of Women
2:39 pm, August 27th, 2013
Joe Francis has been sentenced to jail following his convictions on assault and false imprisonment charges.
On Tuesday, a judge ruled that the “Girls Gone Wild” founder must serve at least 270 days behind bars, a 36-month probation, and also complete an anger management course and a year of psychological counseling.
He was taken from the courtroom in handcuffs.
Francis was sentenced in connection with a January 2011 incident in which he took three young women to his Los Angeles house, physically attacked one of them, and held all three of them against their will.
In May, he was convicted of one count of assault, three counts of false imprisonment, and one count of dissuading a witness.
Francis motioned for a retrial on Tuesday, but the judge refused, throwing him in jail instead.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own