VIDEO: Jodie Foster Emotional Golden Globes Speech About Sexuality & Privacy
10:54 pm, January 13th, 2013VIDEO
Jodie Foster delivered a show-stopping Golden Globes acceptance speech on Sunday, officially coming out of the closet (kind of) while defending her right to privacy after decades in a Hollywood community brought to tears by her emotional address.
Accepting an honor for lifetime achievement, Foster began in somewhat rambling fashion, speaking about the process of making movies, before turning her attention to the incessant questions about her sexuality and personal life.
Foster essentially came out of the closet — by saying that she really had years ago, to the people closest to her.
She thanked her onetime lesbian partner, and then spoke directly to her mother with words that led audience members to tear up.
She also seemed to imply that she’d be retiring — but backstage, Gossip Cop learned that that’s NOT the case.
“I could never stop acting,” said Foster. “I’m not retiring from acting… I’m actually more into it than I’ve ever been.”
Check out Foster’s historic and memorable speech in the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank