Joaquin Phoenix ‘Drowning’ PETA Ad Banned From Oscars Broadcast (VIDEO)
6:53 pm, February 15th, 2013VIDEO
Joaquin Phoenix stars in a new PETA ad in which the actor simulates drowning to convey the pain and suffering fish endure when they’re hauled out of the water.
The spot is certainly attention-grabbing — but one place you won’t be seeing it is during next Sunday’s Academy Awards.
PETA claims ABC has banned the startling commercial from running during the Oscars telecast, during which Phoenix will be up for Best Actor honors.
The animal-rights advocacy ad was reportedly deemed to be too “political” and “controversial” for the show, although E! says it will run during the post-show hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.
Check it out below — and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own