Joaquin Phoenix ‘Drowning’ PETA Ad Banned From Oscars Broadcast (VIDEO)
6:53 pm, February 15th, 2013VIDEO
Joaquin Phoenix stars in a new PETA ad in which the actor simulates drowning to convey the pain and suffering fish endure when they’re hauled out of the water.
The spot is certainly attention-grabbing — but one place you won’t be seeing it is during next Sunday’s Academy Awards.
PETA claims ABC has banned the startling commercial from running during the Oscars telecast, during which Phoenix will be up for Best Actor honors.
The animal-rights advocacy ad was reportedly deemed to be too “political” and “controversial” for the show, although E! says it will run during the post-show hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.
Check it out below — and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody