Joaquin Phoenix ‘Drowning’ PETA Ad Banned From Oscars Broadcast (VIDEO)
6:53 pm, February 15th, 2013VIDEO
Joaquin Phoenix stars in a new PETA ad in which the actor simulates drowning to convey the pain and suffering fish endure when they’re hauled out of the water.
The spot is certainly attention-grabbing — but one place you won’t be seeing it is during next Sunday’s Academy Awards.
PETA claims ABC has banned the startling commercial from running during the Oscars telecast, during which Phoenix will be up for Best Actor honors.
The animal-rights advocacy ad was reportedly deemed to be too “political” and “controversial” for the show, although E! says it will run during the post-show hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.
Check it out below — and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage